I have always considered myself quite a chameleon... adapting to what's around me to fit in and do well. I think a lot of things about myself that are true and untrue, positive and negative. I always considered myself easy change. Until I realized that I am quite resistant....last night.
So we are at our friends' home for Bible Study and we stuck around longer than the others (as usual!) talking. Dale was describing his frustration and grief with all their friends moving away. Many many of their friends have left Ann Arbor. As you know, it's a university town...and not just young students...but through their Phd's...so they start families and create friendships....and then leave. So he was asking us again about our future....which we know nothing about, but I am quick to yell, "Tucson!"
So then David was saying how you never know what will happen. He said, "Adrienne hated Tucson when we got there. She hated the set up of the streets the lack of AC, and all she wanted to do was go back to Phoenix! She complained of not having any friends, at first a horrible job, etc.... And then she hated marriage. She didn't want to be married and would get upset all the time."
And I looked at him and asked, "Am I resistant to change?"
And he said, "You are more resistant to change than anyone I have ever met!'
I didn't realize I am so resistant. Here I thought I was so easy going! But once he started naming examples I was caught!
Obviously, I have been processing and considering my last post for a looonnnggg time, and so this conversation last night really helped me.
I guess it is helping me see that it takes me awhile to adjust. And as I previously posted, I am not there. But the good news is I fell in love with Tucson and made amazing friends, and more importantly, I fell in love with marriage!
Anyway, I just enjoyed David revealing a part of me I didn't recognize and wanted to share that with you. :)
He's amazing, by the way, just in case you forgot.
1 comment:
I love change! We're like opposites. Probably why we get along so well.
Also, I love David.
Post a Comment